Tuesday 26 January 2010

Birding in Shimane5 -Other birds-

Finally I upload photos of other birds.

I explain difference between "Hikawa" and "Hiikawa". One letter "i"  means different object.
"Hikawa" is a name of town in Shimane prefecture and "Hiikawa" is a name of river.
Hiikawa river flows in Hikawa town.

Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea) was near, this individual kept opening its nib, I didn't know the reason.
Photo in Hikawa, Shimane prefecture. Dec/2009.

A male Common Kestrel (Falco tinnunculus) parched on outdoor light.
Photo in Hikawa, Shimane prefecture.

Common Sandpiper (Actitis hypoleucos) was very near.
Photos in Higashi-izumo, Shimane prefecture. Jan/2010.

These crow were Rooks (Corvus frugilegus).
They were found around agriculture region.
I searched Daurian jackdaw, but it was not in this group.

Photos in Hikawa, Shimane prefecture.

Large group of Northern Lapwing (Vanellus vanellus) was found, I counted over 260. They rested and fed at mouth of Hiikawa.

A group of White-cheeked Starlings flied against snowstorm.
I found this scene in my parents' home and went got out to took photo of them.
Photos in Matue, Shimane prefecture.


No comments:

Post a Comment