Thursday 18 March 2010

Tomakomai-Oarai ferry

In this week, I stay in Tokyo. For transportation, I chose ferry to see birds.

I met a Hong-Kong birder in this ferry and did birding together.

 Streaked Sheawaters came back in this area.

Most birds changed to summer plumage.
Rhinoceros Auklets.

In Fukushima area we could see many Murrelets, Ancient and Japanese.
Ancient Murrelets.

Japanese Murrelet.
I felt the occurrence ratio of Ancient:Japanese = 7:3.

Other birds I saw were Diver sp, Slaty-backed Gull, Black-backed Gull, Black-legged Kittiwake, Pomarine Skua, Arctic Skua, Red-necked Phalarope.

The Hong Kong birder will go to Bonin Island, so his accommodation was Hamamatu-cho which was near port of Bonin ferry.
But he booked Hotel in Hamamatu...
Hamamatu-cho and Hamamatu are different.
Hamamatu-cho is in Tokyo but Hamamatu is a city of Shizuoka prefecture.
It is difficult for not foreigner but Japanese...

No comments:

Post a Comment