Thursday 17 June 2010

After cruise in Tokachi

After birding cruise, I went to a birding spot in Tokachi.
A family of Japanese Crane breeds in this spot, two chicks walked with their parents.

Back of Long-tailed Rosefinch.

Lanceolated Warbler is a grasshopper warbler, so it is difficult to see because it hides in grass like Minddendorff's Grasshopper Warbler. And the breeding habitat is more restricted than other Grasshopper Warbler in Hokkaido.
This was my first time to observe it though I've ever heard its song.

This spot is one of Yellow-breasted Bunting sighting area. Yellow-breasted Bunting which breed in only Hokkaido in Japan is a endangered species. Recently, it shows drastic decrease and disappearing many area.
I've ever seen this bunting just for a moment of its flying several years ago in Sarobetu which is a famous Yellow-breasted Bunting spot in northern Hokkaido.

Fortunately I could see a male individual.
I hope it successes breeding in this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment